
Cacoo
In one of my previous posts I mentioned the tool Cacoo but I didn’t go into much detail about it. Today I want to revisit and talk about it in a little more depth. Have you ever been a situation and needed to create a diagram to illustrate something? I know that answer is yes. This is something we all do at one point or another.
What I would I like to know it what do you use to create those diagrams? Many of you are probably like me and use a combination of tools that you have on hand. My combo includes a mix of Word, PowerPoint, and Fireworks. Now that I have discovered Cacoo I can add it to my mix. I wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes my go to diagram tool and here’s why.
Cacoo is an online Web 2.0 tool that allows you to create, save, and share various types of diagrams very intuitively. If you have followed any of my other posts you know that I am all about ease of use. The easier things are, the more people are inclined to use them without much frustration. Not to mention it helps when you teaching it to others. Aside from intuitiveness the area where it really shines is in collaboration. Cacoo allows real time collaboration among users. Think of all the possibilities. You can create flow charts, mind maps and more with anyone regardless of location as if you were in the same room. That feature alone has so much value.
One thing that I didn’t like is that the graphic library is rather limited. Although it doses have the basics for creating flow charts and network infrastructure diagrams. I think most users won’t find that as an issue. I personally just like to have a lot of choices. One the upside it does allow you to upload and insert your on images into the diagrams. Next time you need a diagram go create a free Cacoo account and try it out for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment